- Asked my mentor/teacher, Anne Jordon, to join me in rewriting the TV pilot that I lost when I spilled coffee on my laptop several weeks ago.
- Worked on the TV pilot many times during the week.
- Attended screenwriting group.
- Asked four movie industry professionals to read my TV pilot when it is completed.
- Set aside time with a friend to show her how to use a scriptwriting program.
- Watched four movies and thought about their dramatic structure:
- Love and Mercy - a drama about Beach Boy, Brian Wilson's genius and madness.
- The Forger - John Travolta played the role of an imprisoned art forger who risks much to spend time with his dying son.
- The Choice - A Nicolas Spark's love story set in coastal North Carolina.
- The Walk - Joseph Gordon-Levitt's stunning performance of the French aerialist that crossed between the world trade center towers on a high wire.
The theme of the week though has been "crisis of confidence." Every time I go to work on rebuilding the TV pilot, I resist stronger than a barn-soured mule being dragged from it's stable.
Mule, watercolor and gel gloss, 10x10 by Levonne Gaddy
After working with Anne one day, I felt motivated to keep at it. But after three days off from work, I return this morning with the same dread as I experienced immediately after losing the file.
So...this is where I stand at the moment. I tell myself over and over to just do it! One word, one sentence, one scene at a time.
Wish me progress on my journey . . .